By accessing the web site at http://ncsy.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on NCSY’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on NCSY’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by NCSY at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on NCSY’s web site are provided “as is”. NCSY makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, NCSY does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall NCSY or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on NCSY’s Internet site, even if NCSY or a NCSY authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on NCSY’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. NCSY does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. NCSY may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. NCSY does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
NCSY has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by NCSY of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice
Found content on our site that may be copyright infringement? Let us know!
NCSY.org abides by the United States federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, a decision may be made to remove access or disable access to material residing on a site that is controlled or operated by us, and where the material is claimed to be infringing. NCSY may also make a good faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, under the terms of the DMCA. You may wish to consult a lawyer to determine your rights and obligations under the DMCA and any other applicable laws. Nothing here or anywhere on NCSY’s websites should be construed as legal advice. The following notice requirements are intended only to comply with NCSY’s rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, 17 U.S.C. section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
Notice of Infringing Material
To file a Notice of Infringing Material on a website owned by OU/NCSY, please provide written notification containing the following details:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable OU/NCSY to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example, title, author, any registration number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable OU/NCSY to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example, file name or URL of the page that contains the material);
- Your contact information so that we can contact you (including for example, your address, telephone number, and email address);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified above in 2 is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Notice may be sent to email@example.com
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to NCSY’s web site shall be governed by the laws of US without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.